Friday, July 22, 2011

better than any horoscope forecast

God's voice, often a whisper,

 I have chosen for you a life which is abundantly full of every good thing (Jn10:10; Ps 84:11). 
What looks good to you now may not be good for you twenty or thirty years from now. 
But I am the great I Am. 
I see your whole life, the present and the future (Ps 139:16)
And I love you (Jer 31:3)
I have plans for you which you cannot even imagine ( Jer 29:11; 1 Cor 2:9)
I may give you the gift of singleness (1 cor 7:7, 25-39; Mt 19:10-12)
Or you may discover that my plans include marriage. 
Next week or next year I may bring into your life a person who will love you with a love that only my Spirit can inspire. 
Wait for this person. 
The one who is my choice for you will love you as I love you. 
I will not force you to marry my choice. And I will not prevent you from marrying your choice. But do not be deceived: you will reap what you sow (Gal 6:7)
I long to do good for you (Is 30:18)
Wait for me, Christian! I will act.

by Alice Fryling


this, the sweetest promise i've ever heard. 

No comments: