Friday, July 18, 2008

Mission Failed....sob

Have you ever wondered how strong is your will power? How determined are you? How easily tempted are you? Well, I did. So, after reading the article in the RAGE newspaper, I thought...maybe I should try it too...So, without hesitation....I just thought of doing it.

Hmm....are you trying to figure out what am I talking about here?? hehe.....well..okay...since I've succeeded...partially only, to be exact...hehe.....I'll tell you....

I've partially succeeded in being a vegetarian for more than 3 days!!! yeap....no meat..nor any food product that contains meat substance....

It all started with the usual newspaper reading session in school. Throughout form 6, our only entertainment in school is to read the free newspaper provided. The Rage. So, in last week entry, there's an article about a group of people who tried to resist the temptation of meat for 3 days. So, I just simply said to my friend..."hey...we should try that to...for health, will power, and it might be fun." and they were like..'yea..yea..you go do la.." Haha...Little did they know that I'm really up to it....actually, I didn't know it myself as well....

Until Monday morning, the moment I woke up, I just felt like challenging myself. So, I've decided to commit myself to it. Okay.....except for that part where I accidentally ate that quarter egg tart for breakfast. Seriously, I totally forgotten that I shouldn't be eating eggs. I know some vegetarians do eat eggs...but since I'm just doing this for 3 days, I might as well make it a little bit tougher by forbidding myself from eating eggs...then for lunch, I've prepared a whole plate of fresh vegetables, from carrots to tomatoes...after eating only I realised that mayonaise actually contains eggs. Opps...breakfast--fail....now lunch too??!! argh.... so...my friend said..."Haiz..I think you better start tomorrow." so I thought....fine....since the first day was such a failure...I might as well start on Tuesday...

So on Tuesday, everything went smooth...not much temptations around and the day went by easily...On that day my mum asked me..' Why do you want to be a vegetarian? What are you asking for?' and I was confused by her question. what am I asking for? I'm not asking for anything...huh??....then only I realised....she thought I was like those characters in the dramas...being a vegetarian in exchange to ask something from God...lol...then only I explained to my mum that "no I am not asking for anything...I just wanted to test my will power and determination"....lol....didn't see that coming..haha..

now...next....here comes the challenge...

On Wednesday, the girl guides club were having the installation....Lunch was provided. So, since I was the vice, I can't possibly skip it...so...I went for it..It was really tempting though....they had pizzas...and everyone was enjoying the food....and almost everything contains meat in it. Fortunately, I managed to grab myself a piece of vege pizza. hehe...not too bad after all....
Then later in the evening, gathering with friends in Marco's Pizza..yeap...pizzas again!!! I didn't eat anything though....since I was heading to Cathay later for the premier of The Dark Knight!! yay...got free tickets..haha....

Since the gathering was short......I managed to handle it...then...for dinner..we end up in Kim Gary in the Curve... when I looked at the menu...."baked cheese rice with meat, noodles with meat, even the soup contains meat"...everything also meat....finally I managed to find something without meat in it. French toast....opps...now that I thought about it......French toast contains eggs right?? ooopsy.....another failure....argh....I really didn't thought about that...haiz....and I thought I was somehow successful...yea right........wait..... for Monday dinner, I didn't eat any meat...so maybe I can replace Wednesday dinner with Monday's...then I can get a full day without meat...hehe...cheating....

Anyhow....on Thursday....which should be the final day....I thought I didn't eat any meat as well....until I found out that the belacan I ate this morning contains prawn...Haiz...so I guess....I have to replace it with tomorrow's breakfast...Haiz.......sad....

That made me realise something....almost everything we eat contains meat.....unless you really just eat fresh vegetables and vegetables only....the amount of meat a normal person consume in a day is actually a lot....I didn't know this until I stopped eating it.....this mission was certainly not accomplished!!! Haiz...I guess I'll just have to redo it next time....can't continue this weekend since I'm going for sushi lunch on Saturday with my church friends.....can't say no to sushi.....can I?

2 comments:

EV said...

can't say no to sushi eh? haha.... well, if i liked veggie at all, i would be a vegetarian. the animals are cruelly slaughtered. so, guess i'm more selfish than i think i am. goo luck for future vegetarian trials!

M said...

yeap..yeap...sushi...yummy...
"drooling"