Monday, August 4, 2008

A Marriage Made In Heaven

First week of August, second day of the month...
A white theme ceremony, along with God's glory......

My first Christian wedding

The pleasant morning started with people arriving
All so beautifully dressed with a smile hung on every face...

The crowd soon were formed, they were welcomed into the hall
settled down in their seats, as the MC gave his speech.

And just like in the movies, the MC stood upright,
He welcome us all, as he presents the bride.

The groom stood at the end, of the cherry red carpet,
anxiously waiting, for the ceremony to begin...

I too was filled, with great anxiety,
anxious to see, how beautiful it will be...

The pianist started playing, slow soothing melody...
The doors were pushed opened, and a small boy stepped in...

He was dressed in a suit, so handsomely he stood...
He walked in as he was guided, two rings in his hands...

He smiled to the audience, while waiting for the next step..
All cameras started flashing, leading the next one in..

A beautiful young lady, dressed in a little white dress,
a bouquet of flower she was holding, as she gracefully stepped in...

The groom is her brother, the bride is her friend,
She smile the sweetest smile, showing the blessing she shared.

And another before the last, the bridesmaid stepped in,
she too was beautifully dressed, as the bride's very best friend.

Last but not least, the main picture came in,
A man hold on to the arms, with the bride right next to him.

They stepped in one by one, following the pianist's rhythm,
At that moment, I was touched...and my tears came slowly flowing...

They took their time walking, as it's a once in a life time thing,
and finally they reached the end, where the groom was there standing.

The man looked at the groom, right into the eyes and said,
I'll pass her to you now, and placed her hands with him...

okay...enough of the poem thingy...I'm no good in it....I'll never get to the end of the post, not even by next morning...

As I see them walking down the aisle, I really was touched by the moment, and my tears really came rolling down...My sister was laughing at me, but I was not ashamed, yes, its not my daughter's wedding, but it's indeed very touching.....I see them happily smiling, love shown on their faces...God really is great..creating these beautiful moments....

The ceremony moved on...to the father giving his prayer, then there's praise and worship, and a speech from INTI's student counsel. He talked about 3 main things, that what marriage really means. There's something about living face to face...or is it phase to phase? I didn't really understand everything he said...but it was good anyway. Then it comes to scripture reading, my sister was the one to say. She was so nervous, because it's a last minute thing. But she did well, the verse was really great.


Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts,always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.


1 Corinthians 13: 4-8


And finally, it was time for the couple to exchange their vows. Pastor Graham made a few jokes here and there to ease the tension... but when he started the message, he was really serious. Because marriage is serious, he said. It's not a short commitment, but a life long promise. That it is not only the couple themselves involve in the marriage, but as all of us witnessing, God's is absolutely included. No matter what happens, it is extremely important, to remember that, God has his plans and He'll always be there.

The ceremony moved on to signing the papers. A song was played during the session, it was a really nice song. Too bad I don't know the title. Then as they walked out of the hall, the youths threw the rose petals... The morning ceremony had officially ended with a photo session and refreshments.

Then later in the evening, the wedding dinner. I shall not elaborate much. A picture worth a thousand words. So I'll leave it to the pictures. Will try to upload as soon as possible.


No comments: