Sunday, April 12, 2009

Go for pro or handy ???

After surveying, dragging, see see look look -ing, n saving $$ for 2 years, I have finally decided. This is the time to hit the hammer!!! Now, the problem is, should I go for handy or pro??!! Aint suppose to rush for decision but time's running out!!! Uni starting in July, though don't even know where am I heading. Want to go photo trip with friends before starting uni!!! So, I'm gonna spent this as a birthday present for myself!!! ok, so now, here's the question. DSLR or compact digital camera??? If DSLR, Canon or Nikon??


If DSLR, I'm thinking of this beauty...............



Nikon D60
10.2 mega pixels
ISO ranging from 100 to 1600
2.5 LCD screen with 230,000 pixels resolution,
suitable for beginners yet friendly to pro



2nd option would be....
Canon EOS 400D

here's the link to the result of comparison between these two beauties
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?method=sidebyside&cameras=nikon_d60%2Ccanon_eos400d&show=all



one more important note, Nikon is cheaper than Canon. It was a year ago when I last checked the price, should drop in the sense of price but not ratio right. Originally, it was RM2388 :RM2499


Personally, I will prefer to get a DSLR, can change settings manually, more challenging, which also means more fun. But DSLR is so bulky and the price is almost double of the compact ones. Extra troublesome for parties and camwhoring session with friends. But DSLR helps me learn more about photography, needless to say on the quality sense, DSLR also allows me to play around with the shutter speed. And I absolutely admire the "chik chak" sound when a picture is taken. *wink wink. Yet, noisy shutter sound/ pop up flash noise, seems rather attracting attention, however, the Nikon D60 has softer shutter sound, which fits just perfectly in between to have the sound (DSLR) and to not have the sound(compact digital camera). Summarising in two words for DSLR, its versatility and image quality. haiz...still...very bulky la..n heavy...yet, there are always sacrifices to make. so I guess, have to say goodbye to the stylish, light and handy camera...
canon Ixus 100 IS
Canon SD970 IS





Is this really the time for DSLR? or should I just get a compact camera first, and DSLR later?
Anyway, the final decision has yet to be made.
Any comment people?? I need comments and advice...
lam oi...mei xian...help~~~

2 comments:

EV said...

u want a cam that have to adjust manually?? what happens if u need to take a picture fast?? stand there, yell 'WAIT!', tinkle with the cam n *FLASH*? and how on earth are u going to take pic yourself with that humungous black one if no one around?

M said...

aiyoyo..tats y i'm thinking of gettin the compact one first lo....... haiz...DSLR will hav to wait lo....